LHC Tabs ACT WC
Active Temp Control
- Active Temp Control for sensitive cargo.
- Temperature control.
- Booking and tracking.
Active Temp Control for sensitive cargo.
Make sure shipments that need a consistent cooling chain or constant temperatures arrive perfectly tempered: thanks to special containers with active temperature control and optimized handling processes at the Pharma Hub in Frankfurt – Europe’s largest hub for temperature sensitive freight.
Active temperature control for your freight.
- Constant temperature management between -20°C and +30°C with consistent temperatures throughout the entire Lufthansa Cargo network
- Special clearance processes, optimized apron time, storage in temperature-controlled environments
- Transportation in temperature-controlled cargo areas wherever aircraft type allows
- Largest center for temperature-controlled logistics in Europe: cutting-edge, certified Pharma Hub in Frankfurt with specially trained staff
- Reliable airport-to-airport transport of temperature-sensitive dangerous goods with active temperature control according to IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Road Feeder Service by refrigerated truck for all shipments
Container solutions for consistent temperatures.
- The largest range of special containers with active cooling or heating systems in the world: Unicooler, Opticooler, Envirotainer t-series, e-series and Releye, CSafe: Discover more
- Heating and cooling containers available at numerous airports – for seamless temperature control from sender to recipient
- Unique global transparency: seamless data recording with Opticooler, Unicooler, CSafe, Envirotainer e-series and Releye (such as inside temperature, ambient temperature, temperature variations, door operation and more)
At the cutting edge of industry requirements.
- Always keeping an eye on market developments and in constant dialog with the industry, in order to meet your current needs
- Support in meeting regulatory requirements
- Actively shaping the digitalization of the airfreight sector and certification processes in cooperation with IATA
- IATA CEIV* certification for transporting pharmaceuticals
- IATA CEIV* certification for Frankfurt, Atlanta, Washington and Mexico – more to follow
*Center of Excellence for Independent Validators in Pharmaceutical Logistics
Easy booking, always informed.
- Booking via the Lufthansa Cargo Service Center
- eTracking 24/7 via the web and mobile app, proactive notifications selectable
- Special containers with seamless data recording available
- Reliable monitoring for seamless processing, with highly detailed transport analysis on request
- Better planning thanks to a comprehensive infrastructure database: all information on product availability at your location of departure and destinations available online at lufthansa-cargo.com/stations
LHC Download Section ACT WC
Your benefits at a glance:
Temperature-controlled transport across the entire Lufthansa Cargo network, including RFS
Special containers with active temperature control systems
Consistent temperature data recording available
Active temperature control, including for dangerous goods
Matterport Pharma Hub FRA
Visit the Lufthansa Cargo Pharma Hub Frankfurt virtually.
LHC Tabs ACT WC 2
Containers with active temperature control.
We offer you a full range of active heat and cool containers to meet almost every cargo-specific need for different temperature requirements featuring adjustable control of the temperature range inside the container from -20°C up to +30°C (-4°F/+86°F), depending on selected container type.
This type of containers uses dry ice concealed in a separate dry-ice tank as a cooling energy source. Thermostats and fans help maintain the required temperature ranges and ensure proper air circulation. As this container technology does not heat the air inside the freight compartment of the unit, exposure to temperatures near or below the set temperatures should be limited.
The Unicooler allows the container’s interior temperature to be heated or cooled using dry ice (concealed in separate dry ice bunker) with permanent air circulation as well as electrical heating provided by large rechargeable accumulators. Fact sheet Unicooler RAP (LD9), Fact sheet Unicooler RKN (LD3).
The Envirotainer t-series allows the container’s interior temperature to be heated or cooled using dry ice (concealed in separate dry ice tank) with permanent air circulation as well as electrical heating provided by non-rechargeable batteries. Fact sheet Envirotainer t2 RAP (LD9), Fact sheet Envirotainer t2 RKN (LD3).
The Releye RLP is designed to meet the strictest requirements in pharmaceutical air freight. With its 170 hours of autonomy it will maintain the temperature and protect the cargo without recharging. Fact sheet Envirotainer Releye.
The Opticooler allows regulation of interior temperatures by using compressors for cooling and electrical power for heating (no dry ice required). Fact sheet Opticooler – RAP (LD9), Fact sheet Opticooler RKN (LD3).
The CSafe regulates the container’s interior temperature, without using dry ice, by compressors for cooling or by using electrical power for heating. Fact sheet CSafe RAP (LD9), Fact sheet CSafe RKN (LD3).
The Envirotainer e- series allows regulation of interior temperatures by using compressors for cooling and electrical power for heating (no dry ice required). Fact sheet Envirotainer e2 –RAP (LD9), Fact sheet Envirotainer RKN e1 (LD3).
More information about a wide range of Envirotainer temperature controlled containers can be found here.