LHC Tabs Live Animals WC
- Species-appropriate transportation.
- The best care.
- Absolutely species-appropriate.
- Animal Lounge.
- Booking and tracking.
Species-appropriate, individualized transportation for Live Animals.
From pets, horses and exotic animals to ornamental fish, insects and livestock: We guarantee that animals travel comfortably and with minimal stress thanks to species-appropriate accommodation and care throughout the journey, short transport times and 24/7 care by qualified animal keepers at the Frankfurt Animal Lounge.
Transporting animals quickly and with the best possible care.
- With Lufthansa Cargo, live animals are always transported with the highest priority and speed
- Species-appropriate accommodation throughout the journey: specially developed horse containers and plastic containers for pets with excellent ventilation
- During transport, all animals are cared for according to their needs, examined and fed if required
- Compliance with the strict requirements of the IATA Live Animals Regulations and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species
- A team of trained staff and animal keepers guarantees the best possible care
To each their own.
- Processes and services adjusted to suit each species
- Extensive experience in the transportation of show, recreational and breeding horses
- Pet Premium service for household pets, incl. picture documentation
- Transport of ornamental fish includes black light veterinary check, oxygen supply possible in the event of irregularities
- Tailored, low-stress transportation of zoo and large animals, e.g. for endangered species breeding programs
- Transport of eggs and day-old chicks with as little temperature fluctuation as possible, in Frankfurt air-conditioned storage areas and transport in temperature-controlled vehicles for day-old chicks
An exclusive domain for animals – at the Frankfurt Animal Lounge.
- The world’s most modern animal station at the Frankfurt hub, measuring 4,000 m²
- 24/7 care: handling, animal coordination and veterinary services under one roof
- Access restricted to authorized staff
- Import, export and transport zones physically separated from each other, plus visual and acoustic separation within zones, hard-wearing asphalt floor
- 42 large-animal stalls, 39 dog kennels, 3 quiet zones for cats, 18 climate chambers, 2 aviaries, black light area for examining ornamental fish
- Animals can be collected directly from the Frankfurt Animal Lounge (Gate 26), incl. all documents for veterinary and customs procedures
- Here are the Terms and Conditions for the Animal Lounge and directions for How to get there
Easy to book, ship and collect.
- Freight forwarders can book via the Lufthansa Cargo Service Center
- Private individuals need to book through a freight forwarder – find the one that’s right for you with our Animal forwarder search
- If you do not want your animal to be transported as air freight but as excess luggage, please contact the Lufthansa’s passenger department
- You can find information on entering the European Union at BMEL or at the Animal Immigration Office in Frankfurt
- Please note that you need to fill out a Shipper’s Certificate before handing over your animal shipment
- You can find further useful information in our FAQ
- Reliable service from a single source thanks to our specially trained team, including 24/7 support
- Continuous monitoring of animals including documentation of the entire transport chain
- Constant traceability thanks to eTracking: status information on current transports
- If you have any questions about animals in the Frankfurt Animal Lounge, please get in touch with us
- Immediate, proactive information in the event of irregularities
LHC Download Section Live Animals WC
Your benefits at a glance:
Trained staff and animal keepers
Species-appropriate accommodation and care
Frankfurt Animal Lounge at our biggest hub
Fast transport times
Documentation of the transport chain and proactive communication
LHC Tabs Horses WC
Customized transport for horses.
Whether it’s a sports horse, youngster talent or recreational horse – with us, you can be sure that processing, care and transport procedures are adjusted to suit their species-specific needs.
Our reliable Boeing 777 cargo aircraft, special horse containers and the exclusive Frankfurt Animal Lounge ensure that your four-legged friends arrive relaxed. It is even possible to transport several dozen showhorses on a single flight.
Comfortable stopover in Frankfurt.
- Frankfurt Animal Lounge is geared towards the care of horses
- Hard-wearing asphalt floors, which are better suited for horses than concrete
- 42 stalls, which can be flexibly adjusted to space requirements – up to 28 m² per horse
- Highest hygiene standards, dust-free sawdust and quality hay
- Cozy relaxation area for persons accompanying the horses
Horse containers for more comfort.
- High-quality horse containers, jointly developed with the container-specialists VRR Aviation
- Space for up to three horses per container
- Lots of room to the sides for a stress-free journey
- Broad ramps for easy loading
- Interior decorated in light colours to reduce fear of ‘dark boxes’
- Optimal visual protection between the animals due to sliding partitions in the upper part of the walls
- Large windows in the covers allow fresh air to get in
Greater safety for your horses.
- Better protection from injury, heat and cold: cutting-edge plastic materials instead of aluminum in the interior
- Particularly visible flooring: stable, non-slip palettes for optimal grip and better loading
- Easy handling: automatic roll-up covers at the front and back accelerate loading and unloading
LHC Tabs Live Animals WC 3
First class: Pet Premium for pets.
Pets always fly quickly and safely with Lufthansa Cargo. On flights with a stopover in Frankfurt, you can also book our exclusive service for dogs and cats:
You can rely on our trained team: Processing, care and transport processes are based on species-specific and individual needs.
More comfort and communication.
- More space to relax: accommodation in much more spacious kennels at the Frankfurt Animal Lounge*
- Special transport requirements: Whether allergies, administration of medications or special food – our trained animal keepers will take care of it
- Picture upon arrival: photos taken upon arrival in the Frankfurt Animal Lounge and sent to their owners
- Information sheet provided before the start of your journey: Owners receive all necessary information in a timely manner before the start of the journey and can plan accordingly
- Personal contact: Owners can get in touch with their personal contact at any time using an exclusive email address
* Subject to availability