eFreight rl papierlose transportprozesse
eFreight – go paperless with Lufthansa Cargo.
eFreight replaces the familiar paper documents that have been in use in the air cargo industry for decades with standardized electronic messages and regulated data exchange and optimizes the air freight industry with all partners throughout the transportation chain in the long term.
- Process efficiency increased without additional work.
- Reduced administrative burden due to fewer documents.
- Timesaving of up to 50% in document handling because of quicker/easier goods acceptance.
- Improved quality through onetime shipment data capturing.
- Decrease in billing discrepancies because of high data quality and completeness.
- Contribution to the environmental protection with up to 65% reduced paper effort.
What to do if ...
... you have questions regarding the eFreight implementation:
Contact your local Sales representative by using this Link.
... you want to sign the IATA Multilateral Agreement:
Click here to sign or receive further information on the IATA Multilateral
... you face technical issues:
Contact Lufthansa Cargo’s eChannel Helpdesk.
Phone: +49 (0) 1802 737 737
... you want to get more insights into eFreight:
eFreight rl Bausteine
eFreight components – electronic freight documents.
The electronic Air Waybill being an exchanged electronic message constitutes the legal basis for the transport agreement between freight forwarder and airline and is the first major digitized document.
The IATA standard electronic consignment security declaration is the digital equivalent to the regular paper-security and screening information of shipments.
The electronic House Manifest replaces paper House Manifest or Consol Manifest with FHL.
eFreight rl Bausteine eDGD
eFreight rl Bausteine preCheck/drop off/selfservice
eFreight components – process acceleration through electronic data exchange.
PreCheck is the preceded, electronic document processing of FWB and FHL messages belonging to an eAWB shipment through Lufthansa Cargo resulting in immediate response about their content quality.
This service enables you to create shipments lists with Export and Import shipments for a faster drop-off or pick-up.
With the new self-service terminals Lufthansa Cargo offers freight deliverers a quick check-in and to skip the counter process.
eFreight rl elektronische luftfrachtbrief
eAWB - electronic Air Waybill.
eAWB (electronic Air Waybill) being an exchanged electronic message constitutes the legal basis for the transport agreement between freight forwarder and airline and is the first major digitized document. For differentiation between fully digitized shipments and those with accompanying paper documents two process variants were introduced:
EAW = eAWB shipments without accompanying paper documents.
EAP = eAWB shipments with accompanying paper documents, e.g. pouch, consol manifest, etc.
Exclusion of special products from eFreight/eAWB through authority requirements:
- Live animals (AVI)
- Letter of credits shipments (LOC)
- Charges collect shipments (CC)
Lufthansa Cargo is working on eliminating remaining product restrictions.
The ‘Single Process’ makes it possible for customers to deliver freight without paper-AWB for all receiving stations worldwide, without differentiation between digital or paper-AWB processes:
- A customer delivers an eAWB-shipment without the respective paper document to a ‘Single Process’ station.
- Lufthansa Cargo automatically decides whether a paper-AWB is needed by local authorities or at destination.
- On non-eAWB capable lanes Lufthansa Cargo will reproduce the paper-AWB for the customer as a standardized and innovative industry solution for all lanes.
The following requirements apply for eAWB with Lufthansa Cargo:
- Sign the IATA Multilateral Agreement (IATA Resolution 672) as legal basis of eFreight. For further information on the Multilateral Agreement please click here.
- Contact the respective sales representative to demand Activation Notice with Lufthansa Cargo and define the framework for paperless shipments.
- Fulfil the technical requirements and provide high FWB quantity and quality above 98%.
- Create an eFreight booking and choose EAP or EAW depending on your shipment requirements. Correct usage of special handling codes (SPLs) EAP and EAW within FWB transmission and/or booking.
- Send an FWB version 16 or 17 (or XFWB upon consultation) with all relevant contract data via your message provider or by delivering a message with Lufthansa Cargo’s self-service message capture tool (eAWB Data Capture)
- Deliver freight without paper-AWB.
The new Lufthansa Cargo “eAWB Data Capture” simplifies and improves the capture process and transmission of shipment data (MAWB and HAWB). Also agents without messaging connection to LH Cargo can deliver paperless shipments and profit from eAWB and eHM processes.
The application features a range of new functions which can be found in the regular user manual. In order to access the capture application it is mandatory to inherit a LH Cargo Web Portal Account which also grants entry to all other eServices that are located in the LH Cargo web environment.
Click here for further information.
Go to eAWB Data Capture
eFreight rl eCSD
eCSD - electronic Consignment Security Declaration.
Further information and the respective IATA resolution can be found here.
eFreight rl eHM intro
eHM – electronic House Manifest.
After eAWB, the digitization of air freight was pushed further by introducing electronic House Manifest (eHM). The House Manifest (also known as Cargo or Console Manifest) lists all information of the House Air Waybills (HAWB) for each consolidated shipment. eHM replaces paper House Manifest or Consol Manifest with FHL. Customer pouches, which contain original HAWB for example, remain unaffected (regarding TACT rules).
eFreight rl eHM
- eAWB activation (eHM shipments have to be eAWB shipments, too).
- FHL data quality above 95%.
- eHM customers deliver CSL shipments without MAWB and without House Manifest to Lufthansa Cargo.
- Customer pouches, which contain original HAWB, for example, still need to be accepted and shipped (regarding TACT rules).
- If destination or authorities need a paper House Manifest, Lufthansa Cargo undertakes its reproduction based on FHL data.
eFreight rl eDGD
eDGD – electronic Dangerous Goods Declaration.
The “electronic Dangerous Goods Declaration” is a new, digital standard for the management of Dangerous Goods Data throughout the supply chain. Lufthansa Cargo has been a major driver of this standard and the first and currently only airline to support eDGD. eDGD enables Dangerous Goods shipments to be handled without paper DGD copy. All stakeholders (for example shipper, forwarder and airline) use one central data set in an industry collaboration platform. This enables all parties to perform a faster, more efficient and leaner dangerous goods handling process, based on data not on paper. Additionally, data quality will be raised with extensive, central data quality checks. This will lead to increased safety and less rejections, as well as quick reaction times on problems. Transparency along the supply chain will be improved, especially for shippers of these high-value shipments. The eDGD standard is completely compliant with the current legal and regulatory framework (IATA / ICAO).
In order to participate in eDGD, parties have to connect to an eDGD compliant collaboration platform. Currently LH Cargo supports the following platforms:
PreCheck - electronic, documentary acceptance.
PreCheck is the preceded, electronic document processing of FWB and FHL messages belonging to an eAWB shipment through Lufthansa Cargo resulting in immediate response about their content quality. This offers the opportunity to correct and resend FWB and/or FHL messages forthwith.
This service is currently available at 25 stations in Germany and Europe. Further stations will follow in the near future.
Europe: ARN, BLL, CDG, CPH, HEL, LNZ, MXP, PRG, SWK, TLV, VIE
Germany: BRE, CGN, DRS, DUS, FMO, FRA, HAJ, HAM, LEJ, MUC, NUE, PAD, STR, TXL
eFreight rl precheck Accordion
- Partially automated and immediate response and feedback about data quality of FWB and FHL messages, which allows, amongst others, a fast correction of data.
- Reduction of waiting times for freight deliverers in the documentary acceptance offices of Lufthansa Cargo due to faster processing of related documents.
- Less shipment rejection in the documentary acceptance process, provided the PreCheck status is “successful” and the security status has not changed in the meantime.
- Less manual inquiries regarding one shipment through Lufthansa Cargo.
- Reduced CASS fees due to reduced manual corrections through Lufthansa Cargo.
- Error messages and clarification take place before delivery and, therefore, not within off-peak hours or outside business hours.
- Participation in eAWB process.
- Activation of respective account of each customer through Lufthansa Cargo.
eFreight rl quick drop off
Quick drop-off / Quick pick-up*.
This service enables you to create shipments lists with Export and Import shipments for a faster drop-off or pick-up*. This service is currently in a pilot phase for Export shipments at FRA, more stations will be available soon.
*at selected stations
eFreight rl quick drop off accordion
- Shorter or even no waiting times at drop-off or pick-up.
- Ideally no registration at Lufthansa Cargo counters with usage of self-service terminal for documentary acceptance.
- Higher priority for documentary handling if acceptance at counter is necessary.
- Participation in eAWB process.
- Participation in PreCheck.
- PreCheck status of all AWB in one group is „success“.
- Driver knows registration number as “approved” operator (DE/H number) or regulated agent (DE/RA number). Entry of both numbers is possible.
- For all AWB of one group security status “SPX” was transmitted.
- Each shipment group will have one unique code. You will get a printout (pdf) showing all AWBs, which serves as permission to deliver/ pick-up freight for your driver.
- Printout with code can be distributed directly via mail.
- No need to carry AWB copies for eAWB anymore.
- After login, simply select AWBs from your shipment overview - no need to type each AWB no.
- Truck and driver data can be captured in advance.
- Mail/ SMS notification for driver.
- Your driver will be processed faster at the documentation counter.
- In a next step, use self-service terminals for documentation. With this, it is possible to skip the counter completely.
- No need to carry stamped paper documents for pick-up.
- Order loading assistance directly online, no paper form needed.
- Tracking of drop-off/pick-up truck status for a shipment group.