LHC Tab Care WC
- When you bear great responsibility.
- Our expertise – your safety.
- Care in combination with td.Flash.
- Regulations for lithium batteries.
When you bear great responsibility.
Imagine: A highly flammable raw material for the chemical industry needs to be shipped from Basel to Nanjing. Or oxygen tanks need to get from Toronto to Basel. In both cases, you have to be sure that the shipment will arrive safely and in compliance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. And in both cases, the answer is Care by Lufthansa Cargo.
Care is our special service for goods that need to be transported with special care and expertise, and that must meet strict safety requirements. We transport shipments of all IATA dangerous goods classes. These include:
- explosive materials
- flammable liquids and solids
- corrosive substances
- toxic, infectious and radioactive substances
- as well as automobiles and magnetized materials
Our worldwide logistics network offers fast flight connections to some 300 destinations in more than 100 countries. We can get your dangerous goods to almost any destination. And in combination with td.Pro, td.Flash or Emergency.Solutions as fast as you demand.
Restrictions for air transport of Lithium Batteries. Find out more.
Our expertise – your safety.
Our certified staff processes and handles your dangerous goods shipment in compliance with legal requirements. You can rely on it:
- All shipments are physically inspected and their documentation examined for completeness, good condition, correct labeling and accordance with the information in the air waybill.
- From acceptance to storage and throughout ground processing, we use special handling and safety procedures based on legal requirements and even stricter additional internal safety standards.
- We store your dangerous goods shipment in accordance with highest safety standards, separate from incompatible substances and protected from radiation.
- The cockpit crew is informed of the type of dangerous goods and its exact loading position in the aircraft.
Of course: Simple booking and communication.
High quality transportation from origin to destination means maximum reliability with minimum complexity. We provide this as a matter of course.
- Booking online through eServices: request bookings for dangerous goods shipments fast and easy online. Upload your DGD to benefit from faster data capture for your booking and save templates to make it even faster to process recurring shipments.
- Get the current status of your shipment around the clock by online eServices with eTracking, or by Electronic Data Interchange/Traxon.
- Exclusively for Care shipments in combination with td/Flash: 24/7 td.Flash Call Back. Just one click is all you need to get in touch with the Mission Support Team experts for fast, perfectly tailored support whenever you need it*
- The Care Repair Service is available at select stations. It saves you time and effort by repairing minor irregularities on the spot at our hubs, making it possible to avoid transport delays in most cases despite the mandatory re-check.
- Exclusively for Emergency.Solutions combined with Care. 24/7 Emergency.Solutions Hotline: +49 (0)151 58928623.
*See www.lufthansa-cargo.com/tdflash for participating countries.
Whether it is a request for urgently needed aircraft engines, radioactive substances with a very short shelf life for medical treatments or prototypes that are needed for secret tests, sometimes urgent dangerous goods need to be transported not only in accordance with the strictest safety regulations, but also quickly as well. In this case, the solution is Care in combination with td.Flash.
Thanks to this combination of special and express services, we offer you shorter delivery times for DGR consignments plus the usual capacity guarantee of td.Flash** and higher priority in our global network*.
The offer includes all Care product options: Pax and Cargo Aircraft ok, Cargo Aircraft only, Automobiles and Radioactives.
The benefits of this combination:
- Higher speed and priority
- Faster transit at our hubs
- Guaranteed capacity in accordance with the conditions of td.Flash**
- Optimum safety for people, shipments, the environment and aircraft
- Product-appropriate transport in strict accordance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
With Care in combination with td.Flash, you are ensured guaranteed access to capacity** for your urgent dangerous goods, even in times of high freight volumes.
Guaranteed capacity** when booked at least three hours before latest acceptance time:
- 200 kg/1.2 m³ – on all flights/on all aircraft
Guaranteed capacity** when booked at least 24 hours before latest acceptance time:
- 1,000 kg/6 m³ – on widebody aircraft
- 2,000 kg/12 m³ – on freighter flights
As part of the capacity guarantee**, you will receive an immediate booking confirmation.
With Care in combination with td.Flash, the rule is also: safety first – without any restrictions. This means we reduce the time needed to transport shipments, not our safety standards when it comes to transporting dangerous goods. To guarantee safe and reliable DGR handling, please keep these two specifics in mind:
- This service is available only for shipments of up to ten pieces and up to three UN numbers. Shipments that exceed these limits cannot be accepted. Our product Care in combination with td.Pro is available for these shipments.
- To determine handling priority, you must send us a pre-advice at least three hours before the latest acceptance time stated in your booking. All you need to do is to send us an email with the air waybill number. No form is necessary. Please attach the Shipper’s Declaration for Dangerous Goods to the email with the air waybill number and tell us when your shipment will arrive at the drop-off station.
* The DGR-specific embargoes and restrictions apply.
** Due to the conditions that apply to dangerous goods, the capacity guarantee may occasionally not be available. This can occur if transport on a particular flight is subject to volume restrictions or other regulations.
Terms for the transport of shipments classified as UN3480 and UN3090.
Lufthansa Cargo places the highest priority on the safe and careful transport of dangerous goods as cargo. We would like to inform you that Lufthansa Cargo will be changing its terms with regard to the transport of shipments containing lithium ion and lithium metal batteries effective April 2016. The changes affect dangerous goods shipments covered by UN3480 and UN3090. Shipments classified in these categories are not accepted for transport.
Restrictions for lithium batteries in detail:
- UN 3480 lithium ion batteries prepared in accordance with Section IA/IB and II of Packing Instruction (PI) 965 and
UN 3090 lithium metal batteries prepared in accordance with Section IA/IB and II of Packing Instruction (PI) 968.
Do you have any questions? Your local contact is happy to provide you with additional information.
Download the full overview here.
LHC PDF Download Section Care WC
Reliable planning through precisely defined availability times.
Highest safety for your shipment, as well as for people, aircraft, and the environment.
Transport according IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
Smooth processing and handling.
Combinable with td.Pro, td.Flash or Emergency.Solutions as well as with our special products Cool and Safe1.
LHC Product Combinations Care WC
Possible product combinations Care.
* More combinations of these special products may be available on request. Please contact your customer service representative for individual clarification.